- I’m working on reestablishing my exercise routine. I hadn’t fully realized how much the lack of movement was affecting my physical strength as well as my mental health. It’s meant getting much more creative than previously, but I’m really trying to get in 3-4 30 minute sessions of moving (whether that’s walking/jogging outdoors, indoor running, using the mini trampoline, circuit training at home, or actually going to the gym) per week. Hopefully as my strength improves, I can increase those to 45 minutes or do a 30 minute + a later 15-20 minute session.
- Speaking of movement and mental health, I’ve long had a personal rule that for the first half of my run, I would think about all the things that were frustrating, angering, or otherwise hacking me off but then for the second half, work on considering more meditative or thankful thoughts (yes, this led to some pretty long runs during infertility since I wasn’t ready to be calm until 2.5-3 miles in!). I’m doing that again and have noticed that I’m less stressed at other times – I know I’m going to have some specific time devoted to worrying/anger/frustration and that helps me to be more functional at other times.
- We’re decorated for Christmas! I bought a “tree collar” this year – mine’s a wicker thing that covers the base of the tree and a little way up to the bottom branches – that hides the weights I use to prevent the tree from getting accidentally tipped over better than the tree skirt. It’s amazing, honestly, after years of carving out space that didn’t really exist in our apartments for the tree to have places to put decorations now.
- Above is tree collar, I can’t seem to get a picture of mine without all kinds of stuff around it :), below are some of my actual decorations
- I made myself a dress!!!! Not the one I initially started on, but a different one. The sleeves are slightly wrinkled (ugh) but really, for my first time I set in sleeves and did all of it, I’m pretty proud of how things came out!
- The original dress is on its way back, however. My aunt saved my rear end after I cut it too small and was able to put in gussets to make up the difference. I get to hem it. I’m so fortunate to have so many wonderful aunts.
- I also made myself an infinity scarf with the left-over fabric from a skirt. I gather that animal prints are in this season and I am…not normally an animal print wearer. However, it’s a nice, lightweight seersucker with zebra stripes and perfect for an easy scarf to add a touch of flair to an outfit.
- The kids are doing well and growing fast. E is 3 going on 13 😉. The other day, we finished off a paper towel roll, she held out the cardboard tube and goes “we need to recycle this.” I told her: “Yeah, but look! There are so many cool things we can do with this! We could make a trumpet!” (made trumpeting noises with it). E stared at me, very unimpressed, and goes “Are you done? We need to recycle this.” Ha, and here I thought I had a few years before I became embarrassing to her 😊!
- The cold is really starting to set in, and I am very thankful for a garage! First time in 13+ years we’ve had one during the winter and it is marvelous.
This post is a part of Microblog Mondays. If you want more, please check out Stirrup Queens! Thanks to Mel for originating and hosting.